Counsellor and Psychotherapist
I am an experienced, qualified and registered Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist, with a diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
As an Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist, I am able to adapt to a practise that best fits your needs. I aim to provide my clients with a confidential and welcoming space, free of judgement.
It is essential to my practice that I respect your confidentiality. I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP), and as such I work within the ethical and professional guidelines outlined by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
I receive regular, confidential supervision for my client work which ensures that I am constantly working in service of you, my client. I attend many regular courses throughout the year to enhance my practice, alongside actively pursuing personal therapy as and when I feel the need.
It has been my experience that although counselling and psychotherapy will not rid you of your painful memories, it will help you to develop a deeper understanding of yourself.
Once this acceptance of your self has been gained, it is then that changes will occur.
Training, Qualifications and Experience:
- Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, University of Derby (Buxton).
- Certificate in Counselling Skills Intermediate, University of Derby (Buxton).
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts, University of Derby (Buxton).
Continued Professional Development Certificates:
- The Fundamentals of working with Attachment Issues
- Issues Surrounding Sexual Abuse
- Therapeutic Sand Tray
- Exploring Gender and Gender Diversity
- Level 2 Training in Psychological Support.